[ngw] Windows 8 and Datasync

Todd Bowman tbowman at umphysicians.umn.edu
Tue Dec 11 17:59:52 UTC 2012

I'm new to Win 8 but we do have a virtual test I can play with.  Can you tell me how to configure it for Activesync or link to a doc on how you got it working?  This is potentially huge for us.

thanks,

Todd Bowman

>>> Matt Weisberg <matt at weisberg.net> 12/10/2012 11:12 PM >>>

I've been using Windows 8 as one of my main desktop machines the last week or so and I've made an interesting observation.

GroupWise 2012 SP1 client works ok, I've unfortunately had it crash on me a few times.

So I decided to try and use the native Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 8 against GroupWise Datasync. They both support Exchange Active Sync.  And guess what? So far, they work perfectly with Datasync.  I was actually surprised at how well they work.   You wouldn't even know it was talking to a GroupWise system as oppose to an Exchange system.

Now if I could only get an EAS client for Mac OSX I'd be a happy camper!

Matt

--------
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.