[ngw] archiving and shared folders

Kenneth Etter kle at msktd.com
Wed Dec 12 21:21:58 UTC 2012

That is the other option I have looked at.  But the Jatheon Archive solution is an appliance that I just stick in my rack, configure it to talk to GroupWise and I am done.  If I ever run out of space, I can trade it in on a larger unit.  If I go with Retain, I need to setup a server: hardware, OS, database, and then install and configure Retain.  And it is up to me to manage, maintain, expand, etc.  As a one person IT dept, the appliance route is attractive.  I currently use an appliance for my firewall/VPN and have been real happy with it.  I was told Retain handles shared folders.  Just not sure how/if Jatheon does.

Ken

>>> On 12/12/2012 at 3:25 PM, in message <50C8A1F3020000AB000273F5 at charlieb.queencitymetro.com>, "Alan Bens" <ABENS at go-metro.com> wrote:

Have you looked at Retain,  Not sure if it does shared folders but that
is what we use.

Al B

>>> On 12/12/2012 at 11:12 AM, "Kenneth Etter" <kle at msktd.com> wrote:

I am looking at the Jatheon Archive appliance.  Looks fairly slick
except I may have run into a problem with shared folders.  We use shared
folders extensively here.  If user A shares a folder with user B, I want
them both to be able to see all emails that are in that shared folder
when they look in the archive appliance.  My contact at Jatheon isn't
sure that will work.  He asked if a user logged into their account with
IMAP, would they see the shared folders/email messages.  We don't have
IMAP enabled - nothing here needs it.  Does anyone know how IMAP handles
shared folders?  Anyone using a Jatheon Archive appliance and know how
it handles email from shared folders?

Regards,
Ken