[ngw] archiving and shared folders

Matt Weisberg matt at weisberg.net
Thu Dec 13 04:33:15 UTC 2012

So I was curious on the shared folders..

I'm running Apple Mail client over IMAP against GroupWise 2012 SP1.
If someone shares a folder with me (I'm NOT the owner), it does NOT come over IMAP.
If I share a folder out to someone else (I AM the owner), then I do see it via IMAP AND I see any content other users put into that folder over IMAP as well.

So if you are using IMAP to archive, folders shared to you by others and the content will not be in the archive as far as I can tell.

Matt

--------
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.