[ngw] Converting incoming messages to plain text at the GWIA level

Jim Gosney jgosney at genesco.com
Fri Dec 14 16:20:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have just received a strange request that I don't know is possible but figured I'd throw it out to the group for feedback.

We have an application that monitors specific Groupwise mailboxes via a trusted-app.  When it sees new messages, it copies the messages out of the mailbox to use within the application.  The application uses a "Groupwise connector" to monitor the mailbox.  For whatever reason, this connector is unable to handle html code -- it can only handle plain text.

Of course whether or not a message is sent html-only, plain-text-only, or both is controlled by the sender's email system so what is placed in the GW mailbox database is what is received from the sending client.

But is there any way that we can tell the system to convert all incoming messages for a specific user(s) to plain-text at the GWIA level.  I've looked through all the settings and have been unable to find anything.  I played around with class of service but couldn't find anything there either.

What we need is for all messages going into this specific mailbox to be plain-text-only regardless of how they were received so that when the connector picks them up, it can handle them.

Thanks for any suggestions.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.