[ngw] LDAP Authentication to AD

Tim Jackson tjackson at baltimorecountymd.gov
Mon Dec 17 21:07:03 UTC 2012

Sounds like a "cool solution" to me.

>>> On 12/17/2012 at 4:03 PM, "Ben Knorr" <bknorr at westminstercollege.edu> wrote:

Nope. The only catch is that AD users need to have their email attributes set correctly to their email addresses. Otherwise, no per-user LDAP setting required on the eDir side. We have --noldapx set in our POA config files, and have GW POA's pointing to an openLDAP proxy that points to AD.

-ben

>>> "Tim Jackson" <tjackson at baltimorecountymd.gov> 12/17/2012 1:51 PM >>>
With this method does each object need to be edited with ldap info?

>>> On 12/17/2012 at 3:47 PM, "Ben Knorr" <bknorr at westminstercollege.edu> wrote:

We have been doing it since June. We are loving it. We did however, have to add and openLDAP server in between AD and GW because AD wants a base DN to be set by the client, which GW couldn't do. We have disabled password changes from GW, but otherwise the users don't see a difference.

-ben

>>> "Tim Jackson" <tjackson at baltimorecountymd.gov> 12/14/2012 10:47 AM >>>
I know this has been discussed before, but is anyone using LDAP auth to AD instead of eDir? If so, what has been your experience?

Thanks,
Tim

This electronic mail transmission contains information belonging to the sender which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the named and intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of any action based on the contents of this electronic mail transmission is not authorized, but rather, is strictly prohibited.  If you received this electronic mail transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender.