[ngw] GWIA trouble

Thieu Hon TRAN k-ngwlist at thtran.de
Wed Dec 19 19:21:43 UTC 2012

We have the same problem here, about every 2 or 3 weeks. We have 4
locations with a GWIA. There are 1 or 2 POAs on the servers where the
GWIAs run. All are SLES11 SP2 (64 Bit), OES11 SP1, Groupwise 2012 SP1.
All servers are VMWare ESX-5-guests.
I haven't heard any complaints about mail delivery being stalled or
delayed when the getting flooded with dozens of mails with a "BAD
MESSAGE"-subject, accompanied by approx. the same number of mails with a
notice "The communications link ... is back up." So I didn't take the
time to investigate any further. We have about 150 GW-Mobility-Users and
about a dozen IMAP and POP-users. Some are developers mailboxes, some
are servers checking their mail to automatically process incoming mail.

Next time it happens I'll try to check if port 25 is reachable....

     Hon.

David Gerisch: