[ngw] iPads and https for web access GW2012

Carol Ann Casciato carolann at itcinc.com
Sat Dec 22 11:59:38 UTC 2012

This is at a client site - a school. They go through a portal and I'm beginning to think that the portal is the issue. I was there yesterday and it's still a problem, even from inside. I couldn't get to my webaccess from inside their network.

The weird thing is that https works fine from a PC/MAC browser - inside or outside the network. The only https problem is from the iPads. Some are IOS5 and some are IOS6. Same problem with both IOS versions. http works fine with iPads and https gives a blank screen.

We're going to have to do some firewall and portal troubleshooting over the Christmas break.

Thanks for all the help.

Have a nice holiday.

Regards,

Carol Ann

>>> Daniel Shelley <daniel at ghostpattern.com> 12/21/2012 2:10 PM >>>
I looked at the URL for your server and the login page seems to come up
just fine on Safari. (iOS 6.0.1, iPad 3) You are using a self signed
certificate, but that isn't a problem.

You could add a redirect from the root path / to /gw/webacc so that users
do not get a 403 error. But other than that, your server looks just fine.
Maybe you fixed it already? :-)

I have a wide variety of devices. I would be happy to test them with your
server if you are having reports of problems with a particular one.

thanks,
Daniel

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Keith Larson <klarson at k12group.net> wrote:

> is it a trusted certificate or self-signed?
>

> Keith Larson
> Franklin Computer Services - K12group
> klarson at k12group.net
> (614) 561-4887 (mobile)

> Has anyone found a way to get iPads to use https for web access? With
> GW2012 latest patch level, I get a blank screen when I use https but it
> works with http.
>
> https has become a requirement and I don't know how to get the iPad to
> behave.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Carol Ann

Daniel Shelley
Ghost Pattern Software
iPhone and Android apps for GroupWise
http://www.ghostpattern.com

Novell will hold their annual Brainshare conference in February. We will
there with a booth. Please come and visit with us at Brainshare! When you
register, please use code BS13GHOSTPATTERN to get $300 off of your
registration price if you register before January 10!

http://www.brainshare.com