[ngw] iPads and https for web access GW2012

Carol Ann Casciato carolann at itcinc.com
Fri Dec 28 12:58:12 UTC 2012

We were at the site yesterday. With his iPad at IOS601 I could get to my https GW2012SP1 web access with no problem, logged in and got tomail. With my iPad at IOS5 I could get to his https GW2012SP1 web access with no problem.

With his iPad I couldn't get to his https web access but could get to his http (no s) web access.When I upgraded Don's iPad to IOS601, I could no longer get to his https web access even though I could with IOS5. The browser displayed a blank screen instead of the login page.

We downloaded a few other web browsers to his iPad and had mixed results. Chrome couldn't get to https but atomic lite could. With Chrome and atomic lite we got the "don't know about this certificate" warning. When told it was OK to continue, Chrome got the same blank screen instead of the login page but atomic lite got through and worked.

This is definitely weird.

Regards,

Carol Ann

>>> Daniel Shelley <daniel at ghostpattern.com> 12/22/2012 11:54 AM >>>
If you want to email me a link to their URL, I can likely tell you the
problem.

Is the "portal" that they are using iChain? iChain doesn't work with TLS
1.2, which is required for SSL connections on iOS 5+ and some Android 4.x
devices. You can confirm a TLS compatibility problem by using CURL.

- Daniel

--
Daniel Shelley
Ghost Pattern Software

Novell will hold their annual Brainshare conference in February. We will
there with a booth. Please come and visit with us at Brainshare! When you
register, please use code BS13GHOSTPATTERN to get $300 off of your
registration price if you register before January 10!

http://www.brainshare.com