[ngw] Turn off Access to GroupWise archives

DeVern Gerber DeVern.Gerber at ccsdut.org
Sat Dec 29 18:38:55 UTC 2012

Not necessarily-- there's this handy utility that has solved a lot of usb drive lettering issues (SD card readers, etc. etc.) for us:

http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html

Best,

DeVern

DeVern Gerber
Cache County School District
2063 N. 1200 East
North Logan, UT  84321
435-752-3925 x 2038
>>> Douglas Smith <apteryx at trey9.org> 12/29/12 7:01 AM >>>
You can do that in Windows Disk Manager (diskmgmt.msc) by right mousing
on the drive and choosing Change Drive Letter although you have do it
for every thumb drive.

  - Doug

On 2012/12/28 23:05 , Lilith Calbridge wrote:
> Personally I'd campaign to have the B: drive assigned to thumb drives instead of the traditional second floppy.
>
> Lil
>
> On Dec 26, 2012, at 2:54 PM, "Joseph Marton <jmmarton at gmail.com>" <jmmarton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A:\ non-existent?  What a sad day when the floppy drive no longer exists.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Matt Ray <mray at groupwiseguru.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Go into Client Options (highligh post office, tools, utilities
>>> (paraphrasing from memory), client options, environment, cleanup, and don't
>>> allow them to archive, then change the directory they can archive to to a
>>> non-existent location like a:\ or a location they have no rights to like
>>> g:\booger, and lock both it and the inability to archive down at the post
>>> office level.
>>>

>>> Matt Ray
>>> MC Consulting - GroupWiseGuru.com
>>> CNE, MCNE, LPI, CLS, CNS