[ngw] stress test

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Wed Sep 5 17:27:29 UTC 2012

Well, the "data" will be on a SAN (fiber connected raw device).    There are multiple POs and domains, so this will have to include intra PO testing.

I agree, "should be fine" but been here long enough to know that only "real world" testing will do.

Already did some simple rules.  I guess some rules plus GWSend (if that's still around) and some batch files may have to do.

Oh, yeah, I guess the messages do not have to come from a GW client, anyway.  So Linux scripting is not out of the question, either.

joe a.

>>> "Gregg A. Hinchman" <Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> 09/05/12 1:02 PM >>>
Just 1 post office?  Not sure it will help but you can set up multiple rules on multiple users to force the flow of messages....but since all would be on the same po -it will have little hit on performance.

Best stress for PO on vmware is to run disk tools that 'hit' the disk. Like hdparm on linux or tsatest on OESlinux.

In the end if your PO is on a vm datastore and that datastore is on a well built SAN LUN -performance will be more than good.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman
Consultant
Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com
www.HinchmanConsulting.com
VMWare VCP5
317.329.0288 Office
413.254.2819 eFax

"Courage is doing what is right."

"Do not be bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology, even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means, not absolute truth."  Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese monk.