[ngw] Open backup - 8219 error

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Sep 11 19:30:46 UTC 2012

Where to start.....
Lots of questions here.

It sounds like you're trying to point directly to to a PO database from a client to access old mail.
However, it also seems like you're trying to access it as though it were a PO restore area.

First, is the location of the the restored GW PO defined as a restore are for the PO in C1?
Are the PO files accessible to the active PO agent?
I don't think the method you are trying is going to work unless that is the case.

I would suggest an alternative, based on the the fact that you have the files restored to a NetWare server.

1. Restore a copy of the PO's Domain database to the same serve.
2. Connect to the domain database of the restored files on the NW server
3. Change client access method of the PO to be direct, so you don;t need an agent running.
4. (optional, if necessary...) Change the user's password so you are sure you know it.
5. Set the location of the PO database in the PO config to reflect the unc path it now resides in.
6. Rebuild the PO database to write the changes to the PO.
7. Connect to the client to the PO using the command line switch to point to a unc path.
 (/ph-<pathname>)
That might be what you need and be the easiest path.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 9/11/2012   02:10 PM >>>
8219 Failed to connect to a remote network resource

Actual post office agent is running on linux.  Boss restored a copy of gw post office from 2010 to a netware server.  When he launches File > Open Backup and puts in the unc path \\storage\user\email\asbpo ( file://\storage) , the error comes up.

There a trick to making this work?

If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to report it: http:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=12489&srvid=16vl15t