[ngw] Open backup - 8219 error

Thomas Justice Thomas.Justice at doc.state.nj.us
Tue Sep 11 19:37:02 UTC 2012

I've always been scared to point to the restored PO with C1 for anything.
This is what I do.
On the live system, change the PO to low security, and allow direct access.
Rebuild that PO, but when it asks for the location, point it elsewhere (C:/temp).  Once finished rebuidling, go back in and change everything back to high security, C/S access only.  Now those changes are only in the wphost.db you rebuilt elsewhere.

That wphost.db that's in your temp directory can now be thrown in the folder with your restored PO, overwriting the wphost.db that was restored.

Now your client can access it directly w/ the /ph-"path to restored PO" and /@u=? switches.

You can use the standalone GWFix to reset passwords if needed.

I use this for investigation purposes too.
--

Tom Justice (Thomas.Justice at DOC.state.nj.us)
OIT Network Services (Email Admin)

<504F59260200007500039675 at mail.eastcobbgroup.com>, "James Taylor"