[ngw] Max send message size ignored by GW Remote?

Holly Newman Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 13 18:36:52 UTC 2012

I have set and locked a "Maximum send message size" of 50mb in the Client Options and locked it down at the domain level. I just discovered to my horror that messages created and sent in Remote Mode seem to completely ignore this setting. I just tested by sending a 300mb file from Remote Mode and it made it to another recipient in the system.

This certainly explains the number of 50+mb files in the offiles directory that I haven't been able to explain before.

Surely I'm missing something in my settings - is there another place to set this? The GWIA won't help because these are messages within the system. GW8.

Thanks,

Holly