[ngw] Max send message size ignored by GW Remote?

Holly Newman Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 13 18:51:46 UTC 2012

Hit the Road account. I'm testing WebAccess now to see if it has the same problem.

I never even noticed that you can set a max in the link config. That seems like a lot of busy work. Would I have to set it in each link?

And in this case, I don't think it applies because the sender and recipient in my test are in the same post office - no link involved. I don't see anything anywhere in the POA or Post Office settings that relates to size. I've always assumed that the client options took care of that, regardless of the Mode. But apparently, it only applies to Online (Client/Server) Mode.

I have now tested against both Linux and NetWare post offices and the results are the same.

Holly

>>> "Thomas Justice" <Thomas.Justice at doc.state.nj.us> 9/13/2012 11:42 AM >>>
Setting a limit in the link config?
When you say "remote mode"... do you mean a "hit the road" account?  or Webaccess?
--

Tom Justice (Thomas.Justice at DOC.state.nj.us)
OIT Network Services (Email Admin)