[ngw] MTA won't start on Windows server

Bruce Perrin Bruce.Perrin at lbb.state.tx.us
Fri Sep 14 18:25:25 UTC 2012

Check the creds on the service. I have mine setup to run with 'system' credentials, i.e. on the logon tab, select Logon as: "Local System Account".

>>> "Tom Miller" <tmiller at hnncsb.org> 9/14/2012 12:06 PM >>>
This is odd.  They run fine as applications but won't run as services.

>>> "Bruce Perrin" <Bruce.Perrin at lbb.state.tx.us> 9/14/2012 11:43 AM >>>
Start it as an application and see what happens.

>>> "Tom Miller" <tmiller at hnncsb.org> 9/14/2012 10:36 AM >>>
Hi Folks,

New domain & PO on a Windows 2008 R2 box.  MTA refuses to start.  I get an error via popup:

Windows could not start the campusdo5 mta service on ...

Error 54814: 0xd61e.

I've never seen this error before.  So far I've rebuilt the domain, re-installed agents.  Same error.  Suggestions?

Tom

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.