[ngw] Console 1 locks up when opening properties of edir object on Sles 11 sp1 with Gw 2012 snapins enabled

Chad Leeper chad at Capitalcityfruit.com
Mon Sep 17 20:36:45 UTC 2012

Novell dug in and found the issue.
In 2008 we had switched from bind and compare to Ldap for GroupWise but, we did not remove the user that was using ldap.  (the user was using the admin user to authenticate)
so when the password for the admin account was changed the ldap user was trying every 60 seconds to auth and failing.  Over 4 years it has racked up over 4 million bad passwords requests on the
bad password attribute for the admin user.  Novell was able to clean out the attributes and now the admin user works fine.

>>> On 9/13/12 at 2:07 PM, in message <50524B1E020000620000537A at ors04.orstrand.intern>, "Tommy Mikkelsen" <tm at orstrand.dk> wrote:

Ohh....and forgot.....

Also seen it, if I select opther options than the default, when installing C1.

If that was done, then uninstall the snapins, as well as C1, and reinstall

/Tommy

>>> On 9/13/2012 at 08:34 PM, in message <5052433A0200006200005375 at ors04.orstrand.intern>, "Tommy Mikkelsen" <tm at orstrand.dk> wrote:

Is this a virtual server ?

If so, maybe TID 7008965

And say hey to Paul and Ed from me

/Tommy

>>> On 9/13/2012 at 05:39 PM, in message <5051B7D20200001D00066951 at mailhost.capitalcityfruit.com>, "Chad Leeper" <chad at Capitalcityfruit.com> wrote:

Yes, we can access from a windows box
We do have all rights to prim dom
We are connected to prim dom

Ed Hanley and Paul Lamontague are here migrating us from Windows to Linux for GroupWise.
So far we are all stumped.  Was hoping someone on the list had ran into the issue.

The issue appears as soon as we connect to the prim dom from C1 on Linux.

Thanks,

/Chad

>>> On 9/12/12 at 11:52 PM, in message <CAPOFyCo=xdRg-+2w52xQ7Kc6bsqEX-kYPCUL82KKqiLoNd00xQ at mail.gmail.com>, Gert <gert at gwcheck.com> wrote:

Tried another ws, not server,
Checked whether you got all rights on the prim dom,
Are you connected to the prim,

Gert

--
Gert