[ngw] new software available message

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Tue Sep 18 15:35:26 UTC 2012

Too late for the "never mind".

I always (well, often) seem to find Novell TID's on a matter via Google,
when I cannot directly.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\Client\5.0} "NewSoftwareBump"="1"

Stops the message.  (the TID says set it to "0", tho . . .)

We don't actually want the clients to update, at this time.  I should have
specified that.

joe a.

>>> Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> 09/18/12 11:11 AM >>>
Look in Tools|Options|GroupWise System Operations at the SDD settings.  It
will show you where the SDD is defined.  Are you getting the error that
says new software might be available, but you don't have access?  If so,
then the SDD is unavailable from the users' standpoint.

Danita Zanre
I love my job and you can too!
http://www.moveoutoftheoffice.com/numis.html