[ngw] Consulting needed - Migration from GroupWise

Jeffrey Sessler Jeff at ScrippsCollege.edu
Tue Sep 18 20:31:39 UTC 2012

Gert,

I asked here since I'm a long term member of the list, a long tern GroupWise customer/user (20 years), and as expert GroupWise people are becoming rarer, this seemed like the most appropriate place to find what I needed. We seem to be able to discuss the ups and downs of GroupWise, the loss of customers, etc. yet somehow you think it's wrong for someone to ask about migration?

Out of respect for Dean and his team, I'm not going to discuss the reality of GroupWise is Higher Education. I will say this, Dean and I have had a lot of productive talks, I have a better understanding of where they are with the product, but the stars are simply not aligning.

Again - There are talented people on this list, and more specifically, people who make their living supporting GroupWise. I for one would rather support one of these people who have supported me over the years, even if it is for a one-time migration effort.

best,
Jeff

>>> On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM, in message <CAPOFyCq8T8f3-8NebUxbzOGyMPY+dJa404wTyB3zAtuBzVKPYA at mail.gmail.com>, Gert <gert at gwcheck.com> wrote:

Same here. No chance.

I even dont want to know Office365, Google apps perhaps, since I am a fan
of GMail, as the 1st cloud mail package years ago even. Not that I am being
asked or not, just that my groove stays with GroupWise and its community.
Hence the new website, presence at GWAVACon EMEA, new utils, and 10 years
of GWCheck.com, coming to an online event in november.

I find it tricky that you dare to ask for such a service in this NGW List,
cause it means you think more people are moving or being moved. The NGW
List is a pure and hundred percent or let's say GroupWIse365, even 366, or
in FTP terms: GroupWise777. I think anyone moving to Exchange is not going
to ask here how to do it.

I understand the need for this yet would appreciate if no more of this
requests would be posted in the NGW List. I am not sure if others feel the
same, yet let's keep the NGW a GW List. How to run GW, not break it down.
The fun of administrating a messaging product can go wider, yet I am
willing to start a list for that. Seperate from this one. CMC List, the
cross messaging and collaboration list. Independent of the system, hence
all products and all solutions.

Let me know if there is people herer that will become member of such a
list. CMC?

Gert

GWCheck.com