[ngw] MTA eDir sync

Adam Kuhn akuhn at niu.edu
Wed Sep 19 16:25:28 UTC 2012

Close to ridding my life of NetWare I want to decommission my last MTA that still does the eDir sync for my system.  Trying to configure one of my Linux MTAs to take over this function, but I am a bit confused on the LDAP configuration/authentication setup:

The GW documentation says  LDAP Group: Browse to and select the LDAP Group object for the server where the MTA runs. The LDAP Group object provides a table of attribute mappings between eDirectory and LDAP that the MTA needs in order to perform eDirectory user synchronization on Linux or Windows.

This is a SLES box so there are no eDir objects for the server where the MTA runs.  What do I need to create to get this magic table of attribute mappings in an LDAP group?

Any tips on how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,Adam