[ngw] MTA eDir sync

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Wed Sep 19 17:22:02 UTC 2012

Last time we tried sync like that on Linux (GW7, early-ish) we found resource usage would climb each time the event ran
and would not go down.  Eventually, things crashed (hung actually IIRC).

Raised as a bug, IIRC.  But never heard of a fix.   I don't recall if simply stopping and restarting the agents cleared
the problem or if a reboot was required.

Never heard of a fix.   (Am I repeating my self?) (wait, would that imply self cannibalism? . . . oh dear).

joe a.

>>> "Adam Kuhn" <akuhn at niu.edu> 09/19/12 12:26 PM >>>
Close to ridding my life of NetWare I want to decommission my last MTA that still does the eDir sync for my system.  Trying to configure one of my Linux MTAs to take over this function, but I am a bit confused on the LDAP configuration/authentication setup:

The GW documentation says  LDAP Group: Browse to and select the LDAP Group object for the server where the MTA runs. The LDAP Group object provides a table of attribute mappings between eDirectory and LDAP that the MTA needs in order to perform eDirectory user synchronization on Linux or Windows.

This is a SLES box so there are no eDir objects for the server where the MTA runs.  What do I need to create to get this magic table of attribute mappings in an LDAP group?

Any tips on how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,Adam