[ngw] GW 8 Nicknames

Neil Carson carsonn at psac-afpc.com
Mon Sep 24 17:30:39 UTC 2012

I have been asked if there is a way for email sent to a Nickname be sent to two individual GW users ?

We have a user who has left the organization and we would like to delete the mailbox but the people in the dept. say they still  receive important email to this mailbox for external people. What has been done in the past here is that the mailbox is 'deleted' and 'sometimes' a nickname is created for another user by the old name.

This time the individuals would like the email sent to more than one person (for a period of time). I have looked in C1 but I do not see a way.
I suppose I could create a nickname and have one user receive the msgs and have a rule move it to a shared folder.

Thank you
Neil