[ngw] Second domain, silly question, I know

Gert gert at gwcheck.com
Wed Sep 26 18:57:29 UTC 2012

The keyword here is "agent". Second keyword is ".dc file". Third is ".vew
file" for post offices only.

Every domain has its own agents, MTA is the name.
You have to update the agent and copy the .dc file to the database
directory to start the upgrade process for the domain database, cause the
agent is the only one who can do that. If the agent stays on GW 2012.0 so
does the domain.

Same for post office, no agent update, no post office update, or upgrade.
For the post office you need to copy the .vew files to the ofviews
directory in the post office directory. This is to be sure clients get the
right presentation, the right "view" of the client.

I think you think that the GW database updates or upgrades itself. It does,
yet the only thing the primary does is say: hey, watch me, I am already on
SP1. The rest is just jaleous and will not be nice to you if you dont
update them too.

Gert

GWCheck.com