[ngw] Graphic signatures in mac client

Jim Gosney jgosney at genesco.com
Wed Sep 26 19:22:23 UTC 2012

We've got a division that wants to have uniform email signatures
created that contain a graphical logo.  We have about 20 of the folks in
that division who use macs with the GW mac client installed.  In the
8.0.x mac client, the signature won't let you input html graphics like
the windows client will allow.  But they really want to do this.  So
multiple questions...

1.  Is this "quirk" fixed in 2012?  I was under the impression that
there was NOT a new release of the mac client for 2012.

2.  If I set and lock the signature in Console 1 for these users, will
their mac client still pick it up or do the mac clients ignore it?

3.  If the GW mac client or C1 is not an option, am I stuck with having
them use a pop or imap client to get their mail if they really want this
ability to have a graphical signature?

Thanks

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* Linux System Engineer
* Groupwise System Engineer
* Blackberry Enterprise Server Admin
* Mobility Server Admin
* CA-Servicedesk Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.