[ngw] Backup Program

Jonathan Paul jpaul at stfrancis.edu
Thu Sep 27 00:37:58 UTC 2012

Ok, thought for a minute I was missing something as we are waiting also.  I was told the next service pack it is supposed to be supported.  They gave me an estimate of late summer, early fall, but who knows if that is accurate. I had to press them for information though as I got the same answer as you when asking support.  Our support contract is up for renewal soon and we are waiting before renewing.  If it isn't going to be supported, we need to look in another direction.

>>> "David Gerisch"  09/26/12 5:58 PM >>>
No, Syncsort is not supporting that, and are not giving us an answer as to if or when they will.

>>> "Jonathan Paul"  9/24/2012 12:29 PM >>>
Does it work for NSS volumes on OES11 ?

Thanks
Jonathan Paul
Network Support Services
University of St.Francis

>>> "jim alexander"  9/21/2012 3:57 PM >>>
look into Syncsort's Backup Express.  Works for us to backup novell, linux, windows, vmware.

Regards,

Jim Alexander
Systems Administrator
South Harrison Community School Corp
812-738-2168 x1053
>>> "Renee Hunter"  9/21/2012 4:43 PM >>>
Since I upgraded to BackupExec 2012 it does not support backing up SUSE Linux 11 x64 NSS.  Plus I don't like the new interface and the way jobs need to be created.  :-)  Renewal is due soon and I'd rather go to something else.  Used to use Arcserve years ago.

I'd appreciate any input of what others are successfully using for backing up a mixed environment of Windows and SUSE Linux 10 x32 and 11 x64 NSS.

All servers, except backup server (Windows 2008), are in VMware ESXi virtual environment.