[ngw] *SPAM* Re: Backup Program

Tommy Mikkelsen tm at orstrand.dk
Thu Sep 27 12:48:33 UTC 2012

Almost same story here, except I use RSnapshot from a QNap NAS.

http://www.rsnapshot.org/

/Tommy

>>> On 9/27/2012 at 03:01 AM, in message <50635F1D0200007400011A81 at cesa7-grp1.cesa7.k12.wi.us>, "Brad Rodgers" <brodgers at cesa7.k12.wi.us> wrote:

I have successfully used the open source project BackupPC for backing up NSS volumes and GroupWise.  I configured the backup jobs to launch a script prior to the backup which backups the NSS metadata (trustees & quotas) to file, backups eDirectory to file and runs dbcopy against GroupWise.  May not be as elegant as Backup Exec or Express but it gets the job done.  I dropped BEX after building my BackupPC server.

Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Agency Technology
Director of Facilities and Automobile Fleet
Cooperative Educational Service Agency 7
595 Baeten Road
Green Bay, WI 54304
(920) 617-5648 * Fax: (920) 492-5965
brodgers at cesa7.k12.wi.us

>>> "Jonathan Paul"  09/26/12 7:38 PM >>>
Ok, thought for a minute I was missing something as we are waiting also.  I was told the next service pack it is supposed to be supported.  They gave me an estimate of late summer, early fall, but who knows if that is accurate. I had to press them for information though as I got the same answer as you when asking support.  Our support contract is up for renewal soon and we are waiting before renewing.  If it isn't going to be supported, we need to look in another direction.

>>> "David Gerisch"  09/26/12 5:58 PM >>>
No, Syncsort is not supporting that, and are not giving us an answer as to if or when they will.

>>> "Jonathan Paul"  9/24/2012 12:29 PM >>>
Does it work for NSS volumes on OES11 ?

Thanks
Jonathan Paul
Network Support Services
University of St.Francis

>>> "jim alexander"  9/21/2012 3:57 PM >>>
look into Syncsort's Backup Express.  Works for us to backup novell, linux, windows, vmware.

Regards,

Jim Alexander
Systems Administrator
South Harrison Community School Corp
812-738-2168 x1053
>>> "Renee Hunter"  9/21/2012 4:43 PM >>>
Since I upgraded to BackupExec 2012 it does not support backing up SUSE Linux 11 x64 NSS.  Plus I don't like the new interface and the way jobs need to be created.  :-)  Renewal is due soon and I'd rather go to something else.  Used to use Arcserve years ago.

I'd appreciate any input of what others are successfully using for backing up a mixed environment of Windows and SUSE Linux 10 x32 and 11 x64 NSS.

All servers, except backup server (Windows 2008), are in VMware ESXi virtual environment.