[ngw] slightly OT

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Thu Sep 27 15:35:00 UTC 2012

OES2-sp3.  KDE desktop.  LUM users.

We setup an "administrative" server, accessed mainly by VNC.  Each user logs in as a defined eDirectory user.
Any of these users can su and not be challenged for a password.

Yet, when I click my desktop icon for the program (happens to be ConsoleOne (for GW stuff)), it challenges me for
a password.   The popup box title says "run as root KDE su" and asks for the "administrator" password (root works).
It does this wether I edit the icon command line to say kdesu 'path_to_c1' or if I set it to 'path_to_C1' and in advanced
say run as another user - root.

Is KDEsu even PAM-able?  Any way to eliminate the password prompting?

joe a.