[ngw] Purging all users in each PO to last 2 years of email

Tommy Mikkelsen tm at orstrand.dk
Fri Aug 2 17:24:17 UTC 2013

THe StandAlone GWCheck is Single Threaded, and as such slower, compared to the serverbased one, but!!!!!!!!!

Purging will have a HUGE impact on preformance on your PO, so I suggest, that you as the last thing before leaving for home, start it on a local wkstn, cuz that way you can abort/kill it again next morning.....and then repeate the task until it's completed

/Tommy

>>> On 8/2/2013 at 07:06 PM, in message <51FBAEF3.68E5.00F1.0 at owens.edu>, "Dean Niederkohr" <dean_niederkohr at owens.edu> wrote:

Last question.  Should I run it on the Post Office object or select: Users/Resources, then type "ALL"?  Or, is there no difference?

Dean

>>> "Dean Niederkohr" <dean_niederkohr at owens.edu> 8/2/2013 10:05 AM >>>
I'm getting ready to purge all users in each PO to the last 2 years (730 days) of email messages.  My question is this.  Do I run maintenance using C1 and select the PO, then Expire/Reduce Messages (older than 730 days) or should I use the standalone C1 on each PO?  Does it matter?  Is there a risk of 1 versus the other?

Dean