[ngw] prevent rule action

Ryan Irish rirish at boonecountymo.org
Wed Aug 28 15:50:34 UTC 2013

all users will have a specific folder for archive purposes.  we want to prevent users form making a rule that will have email automatically go into that folder.  they can create other rules but just not one for that folder.  we want the users to have to manually put email in the folder

>>> "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> 8/28/2013 10:23 AM >>>
I just reread your question.
Opposite of what I thought.
It seems like you would have to create and enforce rules.
Possibly GWAVA Vertigo?
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> 8/28/2013   10:58 AM >>>
Are trying to have incoming email direct to a folder based on a rule?
That's a very standard procedure.
If not, exactly what are you trying to do?
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Ryan Irish" <rirish at boonecountymo.org> 8/28/2013   10:41 AM >>>
i know it is not possible in the native GroupWise client but i am looking for a way to make it possible so users can not make a rule to send email to a specific folder.  is that possible with a 3rd party product?

thanks!
-ryan