[ngw] GroupWise Message Database Question

Thomas Schmauch tschmauch at niu.edu
Fri Aug 30 12:47:03 UTC 2013

We are currently running GroupWise 2012 SP2 on SLES 11 SP2.  We have noticed that one of our message databases (msgxxx.db) in one of our PO's has grown to over 1GB in size (with a 2GB limit).  Proactively when one of our databases gets to 1GB, we start working to clean it up to get the size back down to what we consider normal levels (<400MB).  The majority of the time when they grow to the 1GB level in our case, it is/was due to a bug in imap that duplicates sent items many thousands of times.

Anyhow, in order to fix this we use listfids.bin to find out which user is using the message database and then take steps to clean it up.  In this instance, listfids.bin does not list any FID's associated with the message database.  Has anyone run into this before and can provide any insight regarding how to clean up the message database in this case?

Thank you for your help,
Tom