[ngw] GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 now available

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Fri Dec 6 23:56:24 UTC 2013

Thanks for the explanation Kai.. but I'm not sure I agree with having my
dashboard full of warnings if they have nothing to do with mobility,
really..  I know my users are emailing eachother attachments greater
than my mobility limit already, which is why the limit is in place :)
All it does is make me think that something is wrong/slow with mobility

>>> "Kai Reichert" <kreichert at novell.com> 12/6/2013 4:01 AM >>>
Hi Joe
Dasboard does not care about your limit :)
This is simply about what GW tells us via SOAP events. We try to
always
ask GW for the actual size and if it hits the limit we will not
process.
But we still recognize that GW tries to overload ;)
That said, it is informational really, sometimes just someone or
something is sending lots of stuff and we happily process still
wanting
to let you know that many data is pumped through the pipe.

- Kai

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 05.12.2013 22:47 >>>
Just upgraded without issues.. well at least none I've noticed. Some
warnings on the dashboard about "there is a large amount of attachmen
tdata being retrieved from GroupWise" .. seems weird, think I have a
5mb
limit ?  This is nothing new though, complained in the prior version
too

>>> Danita Zanre <danita at caledonia.net> 12/5/2013 11:19 AM >>>
And as an aside (ahem), my Mobility Guide released today as well ;-)

Danita Zanre, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!
Tel: (720) 319-7530 - Caledonia Network Consulting
Tel: (720) 319-8240 - Move Out of the Office
danita at caledonia.net | www.moveoutoftheoffice.com/

<ahidalgo at salud.unm.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Cool, just going through the documentation and have a question on
>> the
>>> note below. Any clarification on which devices may get prompted to
>>> accept a new security policy?
>>>
>>> NOTE:When mobile devices connect for the first time to a system
that
>>> has been updated from the Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack to
>> GroupWise
>>> Mobility Service 2.0, some devices automatically switch from
>> ActiveSync
>>> 2.5 to 12.1. When this occurs, some devices prompt users to accept
>> new
>>> “security policy,” which can sound like a substantial change. In
>>> reality, no substantial change is being made, and users should
>> simply
>>> accept the “policy” when prompted.
>>>
>>> Al

>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We're pleased to announce that Novell GroupWise Mobility Service
2.0
>> is
>>> now
>>> available. This release, which replaces the former Novell Data
>>> Synchronizer
>>> Mobility Pack, includes the following enhancements:
>>>
>>>   - Performance and scalability improvements, and support for more
>>> than
>>>   1,000 devices per server
>>>   - ActiveSync 12.1 protocol support
>>>   - Mobility Service Monitoring Dashboard, showing real-time stats
>> for
>>> the
>>>   overall system, for each sync agent, and for particular users
and
>>> mobile
>>>   devices
>>>   - Task synchronization
>>>   - New address book administration options
>>>   - Support for the upcoming version of GroupWise, releasing as
>>> GroupWise
>>>   2014 and code-named Windermere, including Active Directory
>> support
>>> through
>>>   GroupWise provisioning
>>>   - Support for the latest mobile device platforms like iOS7,
>> Android
>>> 4.3,
>>>   Windows 8 and BlackBerry 10
>>>   - Support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3
>>>   - AutoDiscover support for iOS and Windows 8 devices
>>>   - And much more
>>>
>>> Novell GroupWise and Novell Open Workgroup Suite customers with
>>> current
>>> maintenance are entitled to this release which is available for
>>> download
>>> here.
>>>
>>> https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=xWnnbrV7Xic~
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Joe

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and
may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have
received this e-mail in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or
use of this communication is prohibited and we request that you
contact
us by reply email or call us at 415-898-1555, and then destroy all
copies of our original message and any attachments.