[ngw] spammer infiltration

Adam Kuhn akuhn at niu.edu
Mon Dec 9 19:20:05 UTC 2013

And you are seeing this in the GWIA logs?  Not running Sendmail or Postfix along with the GWIA to front-end the mail transfer?
If that is the case I guess I would start by tracking the message back from the GWIA, up to the owning MTA, to other MTAs, then the POA to try and figure out what account it originated from.  Might need to have verbose logging on to see what you need though.

I can't think of a  way to trick a secured GWIA into sending messages without being logged into some GW account.

>>> "Kim Geiger" <kim at wkar.org> 12/9/2013 1:10 PM >>>
Oh, heavens, no.