[ngw] Best practices for number of post offices per domain

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Sep 5 14:39:45 UTC 2013

The biggest factor I'm aware of is I/O.
The problem I've seen with having a lot of PO's in a domain is running out of connections. You can boost the connections, but then you have to make sure you have enough tcp/ip sockets available. It's even worse for domains running on Windows.
I've started to see problems with default settings when you start getting into the mid to high 30's.
Can't move a PO. Have to create a new one and move the users.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Daniel Hunt" <DCHUNT at dncinc.com> 9/5/2013   08:29 AM >>>
Is there any guideline as to how many post offices you should have per domain?  I am talking about GroupWise 8, latest version and SLES 11 for the OS it is running on.

Also, there is no way to move a post office (with users in it) from one domain to another, is here?
Thanks,

Dan

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  It may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information of the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply electronic mail and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.