[ngw] archive missing after users moves

Thomas Justice Thomas.Justice at doc.state.nj.us
Tue Sep 10 12:14:12 UTC 2013

Knee jerk thought is FID re-alignment, When the user is moved, the fid already exists in the target PO, so it get's a new FID.  The users can check this themselves by comparing the archive directory 3 characters to the FID reported by their client (Help About GroupWise)  The FID will be in parentheses after their user ID.

The other thought is a non-standard archive location that get's reset w/ the move, so the client can't "find" their archive.

I suspect most users didn't check their archives, and when one found a problem, the rest started checking.
That's how a call flood can sometimes occur.  Nobody was looking for the problem till they heard others had the issue, so then they start checking their own setup.
--

Tom Justice (Thomas.Justice at DOC.state.nj.us)
OIT Network Services (Email Admin)

>>> On 9/10/2013 at 8:07 AM, in message
<522F27AA02000014000235B8 at cs1cluster.NWPG.GOV.ZA>, "Thys de Beer"