[ngw] archive missing after users moves

JOSHUA PITLICK JOSHUA.PITLICK at EEOC.GOV
Tue Sep 10 12:17:29 UTC 2013

Another thought, if the FIDs did not change, is are the archive locations on each PO locked down to different paths?  That would be worth looking at.

Joshua Pitlick
Senior Network Engineer
Office of Information Technology
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

>>> "Thomas Justice" <Thomas.Justice at doc.state.nj.us> 9/10/2013 8:14 AM >>>
Knee jerk thought is FID re-alignment, When the user is moved, the fid already exists in the target PO, so it get's a new FID.  The users can check this themselves by comparing the archive directory 3 characters to the FID reported by their client (Help About GroupWise)  The FID will be in parentheses after their user ID.

The other thought is a non-standard archive location that get's reset w/ the move, so the client can't "find" their archive.

I suspect most users didn't check their archives, and when one found a problem, the rest started checking.
That's how a call flood can sometimes occur.  Nobody was looking for the problem till they heard others had the issue, so then they start checking their own setup.
--

Tom Justice (Thomas.Justice at DOC.state.nj.us)
OIT Network Services (Email Admin)

>>> On 9/10/2013 at 8:07 AM, in message
<522F27AA02000014000235B8 at cs1cluster.NWPG.GOV.ZA>, "Thys de Beer"