[ngw] Google Mail - Management is looking at migration.

Gregg A. Hinchman Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com
Tue Sep 17 15:46:45 UTC 2013

I have not seen anything. But I can tell you the data you move is likely not secure.  A while back City of Los Angeles ( police) proved that as I recall. And recent articles have stated clearly that google does index/search/capture public mail and uses it for marketing.  Certainly, not going to trust that they do not do the same or worse for private.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman
Consultant
Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com
www.HinchmanConsulting.com
VMWare VCP5
765.653.8099 Office
413.254.2819 eFax

"Courage is doing what is right."

"Do not be bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology, even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means, not absolute truth."  Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese monk.

From: Darin Field<dfield at sgi.sk.ca>
To:ngw at ngwlist.com
Date: 9/17/2013 11:31 AM
Subject: [ngw] Google Mail - Management is looking at migration.
Is there any websites or documentation besides Novell Product page with a good comparison of the two products.

Upper Management want to investigate the cost saving  or benefits for moving to Gmail.

My manager and our team knows that it doesn't make sense but just need some more ammo.
Any information would be appreciated.

Darin

Darin Field
IT Analyst
Saskatchewan Government Insurance
2260-11th Ave Regina, Sask
Ph:  (306)-775-6243
Cell: (306)-533-5759
Fax: (306)-352-9233
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the named addressee, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that using, disclosing, copying or distributing the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.