[ngw] wildcard certs and groupwise

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Thu Sep 19 15:53:44 UTC 2013

I have setup real SSL certs on several GroupWise systems lately and it went just fine.  I used openssl to generate the key file and the csr, then got back my cert from my external CA.  Now, someone has given me a wildcard cert to use.  Is there still a key file required?  I tried changing apache to use the CA's cert and the ssl cert that they provided, but apache won't load.

I'm trying to just secure GroupWise WebAccess right now.  It is running on an oes2sp3/sles10sp4 server.

Keith Larson

Franklin Computer Services - K12group
klarson at k12group.net
(614) 561-4887 (mobile)