[ngw] OT: Senior Linux administrator position in Austin TX

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Fri Sep 27 15:47:16 UTC 2013

Is that salary per month?

>>> PG <petim123 at gmail.com> 9/27/2013 10:36 AM >>>
Since we're advertising jobs, I'll add ours.  We're a medium sized
state
agency in downtown Austin.  We're a very tight-knit, small IT shop
looking
for a very qualified AND personable new hire.  The closing date is
Oct4th.
If you're interested and meet the qualifications, please ask me
off-line
and I'll send you the link to the app.
Thanks
PeterG

Salary: $5,400.00 - $6,300.00*
Qualifications*:
Applicants must demonstrate on the application how the following
qualifications are met. Graduation from high school plus three years
of
recent (within the last 2 years) advanced experience in an enterprise
Linux
environment (file, print and web applications (apache, php, java,
coldfusion).

At least one of the following certifications:
· Comp TIA Linux +
· Linux LPIC-1
· Linux LPIC-2
· Linux LPIC 3
· Red Hat Certified System Administrator-RHCSA
· Red Had Certified Engineer - RHCE
· Novell Certified Linux Administrator (CLA)
· Novell Certified Linux Professional (CLP)
· Novell Certified Linux Engineer (CLE)

Four or more years of experience managing local sites or side area
networks
with experience:
· administering DNS, DHCP, CRON, NTP and SNMP on Linux/Unix platforms
· performing backups, maintaining archives and performing data
recovery
· using shell script languages such as Bash Shell, Korn Shell, Bourne
Shell, C Shell and Perl
· OS performing analysis, tuning adding enhancements and performing
corrective actions of hardware
*· Interviewed applicants must pass a Linux and Scripting skills test
at
the time of interview. *

*Preferred Qualifications:*
· ITIL Foundation certification
· Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
· Security + or equivalent certification

At least one year of experience in one or more of the following:
· Symantec Netbackup
· Novell Open Enterprise Server
· Storage Area Networks

Hands on experience with: Fiber Channel SAN troubleshooting, network
operating system, network security software, performance monitoring
and
capacity tools, installing, configuring and maintaining Linux servers,
networks and clusters