[ngw] Garbled email from LG VS840

Alan Bens ABENS at go-metro.com
Mon Feb 3 16:46:39 UTC 2014

I haven't he said he was done with it until his next upgrade.  I'll pass
it along though.

Al B

>>> "Jeffrey Sessler" <jeff at ScrippsCollege.edu> 2/3/2014 11:06 AM >>>
Have you had her try the Touchdown client instead of the built-in
client?

Jeff

>>> "Alan Bens"  02/03/14 7:49 AM >>>
Peter
  My user just got back with me and he has an LG-E970, he gave up
trying to resolve it.

Al B

>>> PG  1/30/2014 12:23 PM >>>
Tim
I forgot to mention that I added my account to her phone (reverse what
you
suggest) and my sent items also garbled.
I'm almost certain it's the phone.  Its about 2 years old and she has
never
backed it up or updated it.  The biggest mystery is why did this start
happening?
Thanks for the suggestion.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Tim Mulvaney
wrote:

> You could try adding her account to another mobile device and test
from
> there. If text is garbled from that device too I would say it has
something
> to do with her account on the Mobility server.
>
> You could also try the tool from the link below. It's helped me with
sync
> issues before by removing all references but not sure how well it
will work
> with the text issue you're having.
> http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7008852

> I have one user who sends garbled email from her LG VS840 cell phone
via
> Mobility v.1.2.5, GW12sp1.  She has pop/imap accounts on her LG that
send
> email normally; she can send/receive email normally from other
accounts and
> from here GroupWise client.  The only problem is sending from the
Mobility
> account.
>
> I have reset her GroupWise folders, ran Analyze/Fix maintenance on
her
> account.  Lastly I deleted her Mobility account and waited over
night
for
> Mobility database maintenance.  Today I re-add her and still her
sent
email