[ngw] 'moving' from GW8/NetWare to GW12/Linux

Danita Zanre dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:09:40 UTC 2014

Here's what I'd do:

1.  Create a new secondary domain on Linux.
2.  Promote it to primary
3.  Upgrade it.
4.  Create PO
5.  Move users

As Todd points out, the resources can be moved - they just need to be assigned to a user on the new PO - so get a user over who does NOT own resources first (perhaps an administrative type of user) and then assign the resources to that account as you move them.

You do not lose single-instance storage.  GW after about 6.5 is smart enough to manage this during a move,

FIDs will not be changed (unless there was a conflict, so don't create "new" users on the new PO until you've moved everyone just t be sure no conflicts are created).

Danita Zanrè
Become a GroupWise Power Admin!
http://www.caledonia.net/register

Sent with Mail Pilot