[ngw] Best way to clean out empty post office

Danita Zanre dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 15:03:02 UTC 2014

The one downside to that is that the document numbers get reset, which causes some pain for users.

Are there any resources left on that PO?  I would guess not since you moved all of the users.  How old are the PU files?  Are they being updated still?  Maybe a GWCHECK with a forceclean?

Sent with Mail Pilot

Become a GroupWise Power Admin
http://www.caledonia.net/register

On Feb 4, 2014 7:31:11 AM, Paul Lamontagne <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> wrote: Dan..

why not create an new Library and do a mass document move with all the documents... then you can delete the old Library and delete the entire PO....

Paul Lamontagne

Become a GroupWise Power Admin
http://www.caledonia.net/register

>>> "Daniel Hunt" <DCHUNT at dncinc.com> 2/4/2014 8:28 AM >>>
I have an old NetWare PO that has a library attached. I want to migrate it to a Linux PO just for the library. I have removed all users, distribution lists, nicknames, etc from the PO so the only thing on the PO is the library. I then created one user account so I wouldn't get the error that there were no user mailboxes in the PO. However, when I started the dbcopy I saw that there were still tons of files from the offiles dir structure that were being copied over. I have run a Structure check which didn't show any problems. I also ran contents checks twice and am still getting errors that would make sense if I had users on the PO which I don't.
For instance, I am getting 20 of the code 83 errors - 'Items that have failed to archive' even though there are no users on the PO. I am getting 10 code 30 errors - Folder records found with improper parents. Wouldn't this go away if I had no mail accounts on the PO?
I then ran an expire/reduce to expire anything over 5 days old including trash. The size of the post office directory structure went from 46.6 GB to 42.7 GB. So what is taking up the 42.7 GB?
Looking at the ofusers dir, there are still 518 user databases. 12 of them appear to be left over user db's that start with 'user'. The rest all start with PU. I think these are shared folders, correct? But who are they sharing the folders with? There are no users on this PO. Is there a way to remove the user databases and PU databases except for the one user I created? If I ran the expire reduce then, would it then eliminate files in the offiles and shrink the msg databases?
Is there a special switch I can run to really clean out the offiles and the user and msg dbs?
Thanks,
Dan

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. It may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply electronic mail and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.