[ngw] POA telnet test?

Morris Blackham mblackham at gw.novell.com
Fri Feb 7 15:39:24 UTC 2014

If IMAP is enabled on the POA you could run a quick IMAP login script.

 telnet 10.10.10.10 143
Server:  * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XGWTRUSTEDAPP UNSELECT XGWEXTENSIONS] Server Ready
Client: 1 login user password
Server: 1 OK LOGIN completed
Client: 2 logout
Server: 2 OK LOGOUT completed
--Morris

>>> Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> 2/7/2014 6:49 AM >>>
You can't really do that on port 1677, because at that point you are entering Novell proprietary encryption world.  You might be able to do it via the SOAP port.

Sent with Mail Pilot

On Feb 7, 2014 6:31:04 AM, Alex Hargrove <ahargrove at cgresd.net> wrote: Yeah, I guess that's about as good as I am going to get with this. I was hoping to be able to pass login commands to it via a Nagios script to make sure that not only is port 1677 open, but also make sure that actual login is available (meaning, POA communication to LDAP isn't horked on the backend, etc.)

Thanks,
Alex