[ngw] POA telnet test?

Tommy Mikkelsen tm at orstrand.dk
Fri Feb 7 16:33:27 UTC 2014

ROTFL, and ups....will do ;-)

>>> On 2/7/2014 at 05:14 PM, in message <fb09711a-24ef-4534-b488-2836de7fc6e8 at Ballingry.local>, Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> wrote:

Please keep up Tommy - heehee!

On Feb 7, 2014 6:31:04 AM, Alex Hargrove <ahargrove at cgresd.net> wrote: Yeah, I guess that's about as good as I am going to get with this. I was hoping to be able to pass login commands to it via a Nagios script to make sure that not only is port 1677 open, but also make sure that actual login is available (meaning, POA communication to LDAP isn't horked on the backend, etc.)

Sent with Mail Pilot

On Feb 7, 2014 9:11:09 AM, Tommy Mikkelsen <tm at orstrand.dk> wrote:
True, but wasn't what the OP wanted, or?

/Tommy

>>> On 2/7/2014 at 05:08 PM, in message <85c5fbb4-59cb-470f-b641-b0c77c705648 at Ballingry.local>, Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> wrote:

nmap won't verify that LDAP is answering correctly though, and a successful login is possible. Morris' IMAP commands are the easiest - and actually would work against the GWIA if IMAP is not enable on the POA - i.e., the GWIA will still let you know if you can log in!

Sent with Mail Pilot

On Feb 7, 2014 8:58:01 AM, Tommy Mikkelsen <tm at orstrand.dk> wrote:
And this can be used for a script:

http://nmap.org/book/ncat-man-exit-code.html

/T

>>> On 2/7/2014 at 04:55 PM, in message <52F50FFE0200006200007361 at ors04.orstrand.intern>, "Tommy Mikkelsen" <tm at orstrand.dk> wrote:

nmap ngwnameserver -p 1677

/Tommy

>>> On 2/7/2014 at 04:39 PM, in message <52F49BBC020000A300020D56 at xgate.provo.novell.com>, "Morris Blackham" <mblackham at gw.novell.com> wrote:

If IMAP is enabled on the POA you could run a quick IMAP login script.

telnet 10.10.10.10 143
Server: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XGWTRUSTEDAPP UNSELECT XGWEXTENSIONS] Server Ready
Client: 1 login user password
Server: 1 OK LOGIN completed
Client: 2 logout
Server: 2 OK LOGOUT completed
--Morris

>>> Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> 2/7/2014 6:49 AM >>>
You can't really do that on port 1677, because at that point you are entering Novell proprietary encryption world. You might be able to do it via the SOAP port.

Sent with Mail Pilot

On Feb 7, 2014 6:31:04 AM, Alex Hargrove <ahargrove at cgresd.net> wrote: Yeah, I guess that's about as good as I am going to get with this. I was hoping to be able to pass login commands to it via a Nagios script to make sure that not only is port 1677 open, but also make sure that actual login is available (meaning, POA communication to LDAP isn't horked on the backend, etc.)

Thanks,
Alex