[ngw] GroupWise 2014 questions

Paul Lamontagne Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com
Mon Feb 10 20:01:38 UTC 2014

and few ico files in opt/novell/groupwise/agents/share/webcon/help/images

Paul Lamontagne
Lamtech Consulting Inc.
514-402-1493
paul.lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com

>>> "Brad Beckenhauer" <bbecken at aafp.org> 2/10/2014 2:32 PM >>>
I'd like to see the icons for:
POA
MTA
GWIA
Domain
See attached.
Granted, I could cut and doctor the icons myself, but surely Novell already has these icons somewhere.
Brad

>>> "Paul Lamontagne" <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 2/10/2014 1:16 PM >>>
Looking into the nagios question..

There is an icon in the client\win32 folder called groupwise2014.ico  or are there any other icons you would like to see??

Monitoring is still done via the GroupWise monitor  a separate install, very much like WebAccess

Paul Lamontagne

Become a GroupWise Power Admin
http://www.caledonia.net/register

>>> "Brad Beckenhauer" <bbecken at aafp.org> 2/10/2014 11:13 AM >>>
A few questions for those of you running GroupWise 2014.
Dean Lythgoe mention in a blog last year that GroupWise 2014 was going to have Nagios plugins...   Has anyone tried to use them?
GroupWise Icon pack.  Nagios has the option to add GroupWise icons to monitored hosts and services...  Does anyone have icons suitable fro Nagios available for download?  Novell?  It seems to me that GroupWise 4 or 5 used to have icons from the developer site(?), but I've not been able to locate them.
There is an undocumented URL http://your_gwia:9850/snmp that appeared back in GroupWise 8 and still works in GroupWise 2012.  Personally, I hoped Novell adds this /snmp url to all the GroupWise agents.  Has anyone played with POA snmp monitoring and want to comment on it?
I do not see any mention of MTA/GWIA/WebAccess Monitoring in the administration guide.
Thank you
Brad