[ngw] GroupWise 2014 questions

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Tue Feb 11 16:06:38 UTC 2014

Thanks Paul,
I've seen that GroupWise plugin but have not tried it.

I searched for an hour for the article mentioning Nagios plugins to no avail ( including searching my desktop) .  I did however find my post (Feb 2013) on Dean Lythgoe
( https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/author/dlythgoe/) 's blog inquiring about it.  So I must have read it somewhere to ask about it.   I've sent an email to Dean asking him about the Nagios plugins.

https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/groupwise-windermere-changes-part-4/

>>> "Paul Lamontagne" <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 2/10/2014 3:07 PM >>>
Brad,

This was pointed out to me by someone.  https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/cool_tools/nagiosicinga-groupwise-plugin/

do you have the link to Dean;s blog that mentioned the possibility of a nagios plug-in??

Thanks

Paul Lamontagne

Become a GroupWise Power Admin
http://www.caledonia.net/register

>>> "Brad Beckenhauer" <bbecken at aafp.org> 2/10/2014 11:13 AM >>>
A few questions for those of you running GroupWise 2014.
Dean Lythgoe mention in a blog last year that GroupWise 2014 was going to have Nagios plugins...   Has anyone tried to use them?
GroupWise Icon pack.  Nagios has the option to add GroupWise icons to monitored hosts and services...  Does anyone have icons suitable fro Nagios available for download?  Novell?  It seems to me that GroupWise 4 or 5 used to have icons from the developer site(?), but I've not been able to locate them.
There is an undocumented URL http://your_gwia:9850/snmp that appeared back in GroupWise 8 and still works in GroupWise 2012.  Personally, I hoped Novell adds this /snmp url to all the GroupWise agents.  Has anyone played with POA snmp monitoring and want to comment on it?
I do not see any mention of MTA/GWIA/WebAccess Monitoring in the administration guide.
Thank you
Brad