[ngw] Adding contacts to iPhone that sync to GroupWise

Bill Neumann Bill.Neumann at willmarfab.com
Thu Feb 13 14:48:13 UTC 2014

>From my experience, what I have seen is when a contact is created on the iPhone, it syncs back to GW in a newly self created folder called synced.

>>> "Kenneth Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 2/13/2014 8:44 AM >>>
Looks like setting a default account for Contacts will at last get it into GroupWise, but there is no way to specify which group if you are syncing multiple GW address books.  On mine it appears to go to the first one alphabetically.  But there are apps out there that enable moving between groups.

>>> "Kenneth Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 2/13/2014 9:14 AM >>>
GroupWise 2012 SP1 and GMS 2.0.  I had a user ask about this.  The only method I have found is a bit cumbersome.  He added a contact to his iPhone and it doesn't sync to GroupWise.  I found if you turned off all groups except the one you want the contact to go to, then it will get created in the correct one and sync over to GroupWise.  I can't find any way in the contacts app to change the group afterwards.  So this really is more of an Apple/Activesync issue than a GroupWise issue, but thought maybe someone here had found a better solution.

Thanks,
Ken