[ngw] OT: WildCard Certificates

Kenneth Etter kle at msktd.com
Thu Feb 13 19:22:38 UTC 2014

I don't have a direct answer, but I just purchased a wildcard certificate from DigiCert and they let you generate a CSR from each server that needs to use the wildcard.  Made it extremely easy to setup.  So if you can't get it working with Go-Daddy, consider DigiCert.

Ken
\

>>> "Alan Bens" <ABENS at go-metro.com> 2/13/2014 2:13 PM >>>
I just got off the phone with Go-Daddy where we purchased a wild card
certificate.  At first their support people told me you can not use a
wild card certificate across multiple servers and OS's.  Then they said
it could be done but it's difficult because you have to generate the CSR
from the domain server, then get a PKI.

Does anyone know where I can find some documents on this so I can get
my head wrapped around what their talking about?

Thanks in Advance

Al B