[ngw] OT: WildCard Certificates

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Feb 13 19:39:31 UTC 2014

For a wildcard cert, you only need to generate one csr.
A lot of instructions for installing a public cert have csr creation as the first step, but most, if not all apps can use or import a cert without going through a csr process as long as it is in the cert format it expects.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Alan Bens" <ABENS at go-metro.com> 2/13/2014 2:13 PM >>>
I just got off the phone with Go-Daddy where we purchased a wild card
certificate.  At first their support people told me you can not use a
wild card certificate across multiple servers and OS's.  Then they said
it could be done but it's difficult because you have to generate the CSR
from the domain server, then get a PKI.

Does anyone know where I can find some documents on this so I can get
my head wrapped around what their talking about?

Thanks in Advance

Al B