[ngw] Caching mode password issue

Jason Ross jason at ethisec.com.au
Sat Feb 15 04:54:04 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I've got an interesting problem with caching mode users. The short version is GW (either 2012sp2 or GW8 Mac Clients) present a regular dialog box saying:

"Cannot access your online mailbox because the password you entered does not match. Would you like to synchronise your passwords now?"

The interesting thing is the caching/online passwords are identical. Even if I create a new caching mailbox I see exactly the same issue on both Mac and Windows clients. I also get an error message saying the password isn't correct if I login in online mode.
Has anyone seen this issue before, if so do you have any suggestions before I open an SR?
Thanks,
Jason

Jason Ross
Principal Consultant and Managing Director

EthiSEC Pty Ltd
Information Security Consultants
Level 9 Avaya House,
123 Epping Road,