[ngw] Caching mode password issue

Paul Lamontagne Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com
Sun Feb 16 15:32:25 UTC 2014

Hi Jason,

I typically see that sometimes when there are network issues, as the cache mailbox loses contact to the servers. It seems to think it is no longer logged in and requests a login again. I really think the error thrown is misleading bu complaining about passwords out of sync.

Paul Lamontagne

Become a GroupWise Power Admin
http://www.caledonia.net/register

>>> "Jason Ross" <jason at ethisec.com.au> 2/14/2014 11:54 PM >>>
Hi Everyone,
I've got an interesting problem with caching mode users. The short version is GW (either 2012sp2 or GW8 Mac Clients) present a regular dialog box saying:
"Cannot access your online mailbox because the password you entered does not match. Would you like to synchronise your passwords now?"

The interesting thing is the caching/online passwords are identical. Even if I create a new caching mailbox I see exactly the same issue on both Mac and Windows clients. I also get an error message saying the password isn't correct if I login in online mode.
Has anyone seen this issue before, if so do you have any suggestions before I open an SR?
Thanks,
Jason

Jason Ross
Principal Consultant and Managing Director

EthiSEC Pty Ltd
Information Security Consultants
Level 9 Avaya House,
123 Epping Road,