[ngw] GW2012 and Windows 8

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Feb 21 15:01:36 UTC 2014

Have tried these steps that are needed for WIndows 8 Phones?

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7011480

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7007674

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7007672

-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Thys de Beer" <thys at nwpg.gov.za> 2/21/2014 1:03 AM >>>
HI all,

Ok Bur for this to work you MUST have certificates?.. it doesn'rt port 80?..... i cant get y windows 8 /8/1 /outlook  to connect to mobilyt .. there is nowhere i "untick ssl" ..like with the real mobile clients

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG Office of the Premier - IT
Systems Administration Manager
http://www.waytag.com/ThysdeBeer
018 388 3828
------------------
Novell -- CNE
MS -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
MS -- MCSE- Private Cloud
Vmware -- VCP5

>>> Joseph Marton <jmmarton at gmail.com> 2014-02-20 06:25 PM >>>
I'm pretty sure we support Windows 8 with 1.2.5, so it should work.  The
connection profile on the device may say Exchange or Outlook as most
devices typically word ActiveSync that way, but that should work just fine
against mobility.

As to how the app differs from the iOS mail app... well, it's definitely a
different interface.  Being more of an Android guy I'm not a fan of either
the Windows Mail app or the iOS mail app. :-) But they all seem to do the
trick.

Joe